MAKE A DONATION
The Gold Coast Drug Council has been providing services on the Gold Coast to people affected by drugs, alcohol or both since 1971. Over the last twenty years our services have grown and we now provide residential, supported accommodation and out-client services to people of all ages. We also specialize in treatment and rehabilitation services for young people with drug, alcohol and mental health problems (often known as “dual diagnosis”).
Whilst we are proud to receive the support of State and Federal funding for some of our services, this generally only covers the costs of our staff and basic services. This means that we have to find additional funding to support our facilities, vehicles, equipment and special events and activities for clients e.g. Christmas.
As a not-for-profit organization we welcome the involvement and support of our local communities. You can become involved in a number of ways:
– donations to non-profit organisations can be tax deductible (we suggest you obtain expert independent tax advice if you wish to claim tax deductability). Donations can be made to support specific services or equipment or can be made as a general donation to assist with the running of all our services. To make a donation download the Donation and Membership Form
(68k PDF), or go to www.ourcommunity.com.au/goldcoastmirikai
(a secure website) to make a donation online.
Donations of Goods
– the donation of equipment is welcomed e.g. domestic furniture for our residence and halfway houses; outdoor furniture; sports equipment; bicycles; office equipment etc.. as are items for special events e.g. Christmas. Please contact us if you have goods you would like to donate. The Donation and Membership Form is attached.
– workplace giving is a payroll contribution scheme where direct pre-tax donations from registered employees can provide a continuing benefit. If you are interested please contact us to discuss the benefits.
- the development of corporate partnerships with local companies can provide real benefits to both organizations. If you are interested please contact us to discuss the benefits.
Become a Volunteer
- Volunteering can have a meaningful, positive impact on your community. Our Volunteers are seen as valued members of the team and we rely heavily on them for their skills, experience and expertise. The Gold Coast Drug Council has numerous volunteering opportunities in a variety of roles - for more details on our Volunteer Scheme please contact reception.
Donation through Bequest / Will
– help us to support future local generations through a bequest or will. We suggest you seek expert independent advice before making personal decisions on a bequest or your will.